Summer Programs at Brandon Hall School’s Center for Global Youth Leadership
Distinguish yourself from the rest...
Founded in 2017 by Dean J. Fusto, the aim of the Center for Global Youth Leadership and Social Entrepreneurial Studies™ is to inspire middle and high school students to seek innovative and entrepreneurial solutions to challenges facing their local communities and global family. Through a rigorous, varied, and experiential curriculum students pursue their "passion projects" and entrepreneurial ideas with the guidance of experts from the corporate, non-profit, social service, and Consular sectors. The Center programs are never confined to the classroom, our students are immersed in both field work and our historic 24-acre campus, surrounded by the beautiful Chattahoochee River.
Our Summer Programs:
+ Global Youth Leadership in Action™
3 - Week Programs: June 26 - July 14, 2020; July 16 - August 4, 2020
the center for global youth leadership and social entrepreneurial studies™ at brandon hall was founded in 2016. the aim of its many programs is to equip, ignite, and propel forward a new generation of innovative, purposeful, skillful, and collaborative global leaders.
皇冠hg0088全讯our unique student leaders work together in a cohort design that is problem-based, curiosity driven, and fully experiential. through a rigorous and challenging daily schedule of classes, workshops, field studies, and special events, all of our global youth leaders are required to identify a societal or global issue that they want to actively endeavor to solve.
皇冠hg0088全讯students will connect with successful entrepreneurs and begin building the skills to bring their entrepreneurial ideas and passions to life.
our global youth leadership in action™ program culminates in the glyia-20 international conference, where student entrepreneurs will present their ideas on stage to an audience of local, national, and global participants.
program selection process is highly competitive as we seek to find the most inspire and self-motivated youth applicants from around the globe.
Learn key leadership and entrepreneurial competencies, including:
- Public speaking, empathy, and people skills
- Research and development
- Marketing and fundraising models
- Pitch design and feedback
- Growth mindset and habit development
- Cultural and diversity skills
- Leadership theories and assessments
- Problem-solving skills
Our world-renowned youth leadership programs attract guest speakers and workship facilitators from around the globe. Past speakers include:
- Consul General of Canada Nadia Theodore, Canada’s representative in the Southeastern United States, and has previously served in Ottawa as Chief of Staff and Executive Director to Canada’s Deputy Minister for International Trade.
- Matt Murrie, Columbia University graduate, writer, professor, and TEDx Speaker who uses his experience teaching on three different continents, exploring the power of applying a “What if…” approach to situations.
- Paul Schur, General Manager of Slalom Atlanta, works with Fortune 500 companies developing technology and strategies to grow their businesses.
- Dr. Nyasha M. GuramatunhuCooper, a Leadership Studies scholar and educator who explores the connection between leadership, intercultural competence, and global leadership issues.
- Jennifer Riis-Poulsen, Founder and CEO of Powerhouse Self-Defense, who approaches personal safety and empowerment by teaching mental and physical self-defense.
- Sucheta Rawal, an award-winning food and travel writer, author, and philanthropist who works to raise awareness of global cultures through travel and community interaction.
- Kendall Robinson, a teenage entrepreneur who founded Love Rolls, Inc. to provide toilet paper for the homeless and others in need, demonstrating how one person can have a tremendous impact.
- Bob McCormick, a founder of Atlanta Institute for Diplomatic Leadership, which promotes peace through education.
- Ruhi Rahman, who works with UNICEF USA as a Global Citizenship Fellow.
- Dr. Hai Ho, Chairman of Millennial Leadership Academy, an Atlanta based multi-cultural, non-profit corporation designed for leadership development.
+ELL Global Village™
3 - Week Programs:皇冠hg0088全讯 June 26 - July 14, 2020; July 16 - August 4, 2020
summer is a great time to improve your english! ell global village™ welcomes students from around the world, and allows you to live and learn english in an experiential program. students will be fully immersed in english speaking, reading, writing, and listening to help them hone their skills both inside and outside of the classroom.
皇冠hg0088全讯students will balance academic classroom study with daily cultural and educational experiences around the atlanta area. ell global village™ is an intensive program, which helps students refine their communication skills and prepares them for future success. in our residential hall, students typically board with peers from a different country than their own to broaden their global horizons.
each student’s english level will be assessed, and he/she will be placed into a group accordingly. native and non-native english speakers collaborate for a truly global experience. our ell instructor works with beginning english speakers, all the way up through advanced.
brandon hall school is proud to be ranked as one of the top 25% of private & prep schools in the u.s. according to niche’s 2019 best schools in america rankings!
+Customized Group Programs
we invite you to collaborate with our team to create a program that meets your group’s goals and timetable, providing a rewarding experience for everyone.
Important Program Information
+ International Students
• students in the global youth leadership in action™ program are required to be proficient in english.
皇冠hg0088全讯• ell global village™ program offers beginner, intermediate and advanced levels of english.
• depending on the country of origin, if a visa is required, international students will only need a tourist visa for our summer programs, rather than the f1 visa needed for the school year.
+ Application Process
皇冠hg0088全讯• the first step is to complete the summer programs application at rich-style.com/summer.
• click on the “application” button to apply.
皇冠hg0088全讯• once application is received, you will be contacted to set up an interview.
+Upon Acceptance to Summer Programs
• once a student has been accepted, he/she will receive an acceptance letter, a medical form, along with a contract, which will need to be signed by parent or guardian, and returned.
皇冠hg0088全讯• international students will also receive a letter to take to the embassy, inviting he/she to participate in our programs.
• next step is for the parent or guardian to sign the contract and medical form and return, along with a copy of proof of insurance, that can be used in the united states. deposit is required with the signed contract.
• flight arrival and departure dates and times must be coordinated through our director of summer programs.
• students arriving on designated travel days will be provided transportation between atlanta hartsfield international airport and brandon hall school.
• students arriving or departing not on scheduled dates, will be responsible for their own transportation.
• students arriving early or departing early will remain the responsibility of their parents or guardian until the program check-in times or departure times.
• transportation for brandon hall scheduled off campus trips is included in program cost.
皇冠hg0088全讯• parents are not allowed to stay in the dorms with students.
皇冠hg0088全讯• we strive to match dorm students with a student from another country, if possible, to facilitate the global learning environment at brandon hall school.
皇冠hg0088全讯• towels, linens and pillows will be provided.
• shopping trips are available for students to purchase toiletries and necessary items.
+Items to Bring
皇冠hg0088全讯• students participating in the global youth leadership in action™ program are required to bring a lap top computer with them; leadership students will need to set up a google account once they arrive on campus in order to fully participate in the program.
• students participating in the ell global village™ program are not required to bring a computer.
皇冠hg0088全讯• atlanta is hot during the summer months. we advise bringing cool, comfortable clothes – shorts, one pair of long jeans, comfortable shirts with no midriffs showing, tennis shoes for outdoor activities, shoes, socks, undergarments, a light jacket, sweater or hoodie for air conditioned buildings, computer (if in leadership program) with charger, cell phone with charger, and spending money.
皇冠hg0088全讯• it is advised that each student bring a credit card, if possible, to use in case of an emergency.
• on the weekends students will experience a variety of cultural, educational, weekend excursions to the north georgia mountains, campfire and s’mores, as well as various shopping trips.
+GLYIA – 2020 International Conference
皇冠hg0088全讯• global youth leadership in action™ will culminate in the annual glyia international conference. where the leadership students will present their final project to a live audience.
皇冠hg0088全讯• parents and friends are invited to attend.
• parents and friends are invited to the final evening of the program where both the global youth leadership in action™ and ell global village™ students will be honored. the ell students will present a celebration event of their choosing. each student will receive a certificate of completion.
Summer Program Testimonials
皇冠hg0088全讯let our families share with you what makes us special!
How to Apply
皇冠hg0088全讯applicants should begin by filling out the summer programs application following the application, students will be contacted to set up an interview.
皇冠hg0088全讯scholarship opportunities are available by submitting a bhs global youth scholarship application.
Who to Contact
皇冠hg0088全讯for more information on brandon hall’s summer programs, please contact:
justine mcdonald, summer programs director