The Center for Global Youth Leadership and Social Entrepreneurial Studies
In 2017, I founded the Center for Global Youth Leadership and Social Entrepreneurial Studies with a bold vision to inspire middle and high school students to be crafters of ideas and not simply consumers that marketers target. I wanted to attract students from our community and abroad to unite around offering innovative and creative solutions to the most pressing challenges of their generation. Using the , Entrepreneurial design models, and Leadership Theory as a foundation, our students immerse themselves in summer and academic year programs that push them to make an impact. Through a rigorous, varied, and experiential curriculum students pursue their "passion projects" and entrepreneurial ideas with the guidance of experts from the corporate, non-profit, social service, and Consular sectors. The Center programs are never confined to the classroom, our students are immersed in both field work and our historic 24-acre campus, surrounded by the beautiful Chattahoochee River. Whether you are an interested student, school partner, or corporate sponsor, we welcome you to learn more about the Center and our programs. Please connect with me via email@example.com
2021 Program Dates: June 14 - July 1 and July 6 - July 23
3 - week programs:
the center for global youth leadership and social entrepreneurial studies™ at brandon hall was founded in 2016. the aim of its many programs is to equip, ignite, and propel forward a new generation of innovative, purposeful, skillful, and collaborative global leaders. our unique student leaders work together in a cohort design that is problem-based, curiosity driven, and fully experiential. through a rigorous and challenging daily schedule of classes, workshops, field studies, and special events, all of our global youth leaders are required to identify a societal or global issue that they want to actively endeavor to solve. students will connect with successful entrepreneurs and begin building the skills to bring their entrepreneurial ideas and passions to life.
our global youth leadership in action™ program culminates in the glyia-21 international conference, where student entrepreneurs will present their ideas on stage to an audience of local, national, and global participants. program selection process is highly competitive as we seek to find the most inspire and self-motivated youth applicants from around the globe. students will learn key leadership and entrepreneurial competencies, including:
• Public speaking, empathy, and people skills
• Research and development
• Marketing and fundraising models
• Pitch design and feedback
• Growth mindset and habit development
• Cultural and diversity skills
• Leadership theories and assessments
• Problem-solving skills
our world-renowned youth leadership programs attract guest speakers and workshop facilitators from around the globe. past speakers include:
• Consul General of Canada Nadia Theodore, Canada’s representative in the Southeastern United States, and has previously served in Ottawa as Chief of Staff and Executive Director to Canada’s Deputy Minister for International Trade.
• Matt Murrie,皇冠hg0088全讯 Columbia University graduate, writer, professor, and TEDx Speaker who uses his experience teaching on three different continents, exploring the power of applying a “What if…” approach to situations.
• Paul Schur, General Manager of Slalom Atlanta, works with Fortune 500 companies developing technology and strategies to grow their businesses.
• Dr. Nyasha M. GuramatunhuCooper,皇冠hg0088全讯 a Leadership Studies scholar and educator who explores the connection between leadership, intercultural competence, and global leadership issues.
• Jennifer Riis-Poulsen, 皇冠hg0088全讯Founder and CEO of Powerhouse Self-Defense, who approaches personal safety and empowerment by teaching mental and physical self-defense.
• Sucheta Rawal, an award-winning food and travel writer, author, and philanthropist who works to raise awareness of global cultures through travel and community interaction.
• Kendall Robinson,皇冠hg0088全讯 a teenage entrepreneur who founded Love Rolls, Inc. to provide toilet paper for the homeless and others in need, demonstrating how one person can have a tremendous impact.
• Bob McCormick,皇冠hg0088全讯 a founder of Atlanta Institute for Diplomatic Leadership, which promotes peace through education.
• Ruhi Rahman,皇冠hg0088全讯 who works with UNICEF USA as a Global Citizenship Fellow.
• Dr. Hai Ho, 皇冠hg0088全讯Chairman of Millennial Leadership Academy, an Atlanta based multi-cultural, non-profit corporation designed for leadership development.
Important Program Information
+ International Students
• Students in the Global Youth Leadership in Action™ program are required to be proficient in English.
• ELL Global Village™ program offers Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels of English.
• Depending on the country of origin, if a visa is required, international students will only need a tourist visa for our summer programs, rather than the F1 visa needed for the school year.
+ Application Process
• The first step is to complete the Summer Programs Application at rich-style.com/summer.
• Click on the “Application” button to apply.
• Once application is received, you will be contacted to set up an interview.
+Upon Acceptance to Summer Programs
• Once a student has been accepted, he/she will receive an acceptance letter, a medical form, along with a contract, which will need to be signed by parent or guardian, and returned.
• International students will also receive a letter to take to the Embassy, inviting he/she to participate in our programs.
皇冠hg0088全讯 • Next step is for the parent or guardian to sign the contract and medical form and return, along with a copy of proof of insurance, that can be used in the United States. Deposit is required with the signed contract.
• Flight arrival and departure dates and times must be coordinated through our Director of Summer Programs.
• Students arriving on designated travel days will be provided transportation between Atlanta Hartsfield International Airport and Brandon Hall School.
• Students arriving or departing not on scheduled dates, will be responsible for their own transportation.
• Students arriving early or departing early will remain the responsibility of their parents or guardian until the program check-in times or departure times.
• Transportation for Brandon Hall scheduled off campus trips is included in program cost.
• Parents are not allowed to stay in the dorms with students.
• We strive to match dorm students with a student from another country, if possible, to facilitate the global learning environment at Brandon Hall School.
• Towels, linens and pillows will be provided.
皇冠hg0088全讯 • Shopping trips are available for students to purchase toiletries and necessary items.
+Items to Bring
• Students participating in the Global Youth Leadership in Action™ program are required to bring a lap top computer with them; leadership students will need to set up a Google account once they arrive on campus in order to fully participate in the program.
• Students participating in the ELL Global Village™ program are not required to bring a computer.
• Atlanta is hot during the summer months. We advise bringing cool, comfortable clothes – shorts, one pair of long jeans, comfortable shirts with no midriffs showing, tennis shoes for outdoor activities, shoes, socks, undergarments, a light jacket, sweater or hoodie for air conditioned buildings, computer (if in Leadership Program) with charger, cell phone with charger, and spending money.
• It is advised that each student bring a credit card, if possible, to use in case of an emergency.
• on the weekends students will experience a variety of cultural, educational, weekend excursions to the north georgia mountains, campfire and s’mores, as well as various shopping trips.
+GLYIA – 2021 International Conference
• Global Youth Leadership in Action™ will culminate in the annual GLYIA International Conference. where the Leadership students will present their final project to a live audience.
• Parents and friends are invited to attend.
• parents and friends are invited to the final evening of the program where both the global youth leadership in action™ and ell global village™ students will be honored. the ell students will present a celebration event of their choosing. each student will receive a certificate of completion.
Summer Program Testimonials
let our families share with you what makes us special!
How to Apply
皇冠hg0088全讯please complete the below summer programs interest form to get started.
The Center for Global Youth Leadership is excited to host school groups of all sizes. For more information about our work with school groups, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to Contact
For more information on Brandon Hall’s Summer Programs, please contact us at email@example.com